WELCOME! Thanks for stopping by today. We believe that women are the heart of the home. Uniquely created and positioned by God, no one can touch the heart of another like a woman. Together Melanie and Alisa offer inspiration and encouragement to women to pursue their potential, develop their creativity and embrace their place as the heart of the home.

Friday

Life Lines ~ He Loves Me!


"He Loves Me!"
(Excerpted from ~
Wings to Soar by Melanie Dorsey)
~~~
One of the most liberating moments for me came when a friend spoke into my life and told me there was nothing I could do to make God love me any more or any less. At first I doubted the validity of that statement but as I pondered it and let that truth saturate my heart and mind, it offered a wellspring of freedom and joy.


The liberation of my mind and heart was not accomplished overnight. Nevertheless, over time my thinking shifted, creating a new paradigm which in turn resulted in a softer, more pliable heart. I finally began to understand that a great deal of my hard work and effort toward doing good things was not always motivated out of a heart of love but from a place of fear.

My primary motivation for serving God had been to earn His approval. I was afraid that I might disappoint God and the prospect of disappointing Him was so unacceptable to me that I served Him from that mindset. Not until I finally began to grasp the depth of God’s love for me (for ME!), did I at long last relax in that love. I could breathe deeply and know that He loved me whether I performed successfully, failed miserably or, and this is key, whether I simply was.

Do you find yourself struggling with God's love for you? I believe that it is not until you understand that if there had only been you, God would still have sent His only begotten Son and Christ would still have willingly given His life for you. Just for you! Know it. Believe it. There is freedom in truth.

"And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him" 1 John 4:16.

Lovingly Yours,
Melanie

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Blessings to you always,
~Deanna~

Elaine said...

I to have had to learn that I can't earn God's love. Isn't it so liberating? He began the work in us and He has promised He will complete it. What rest!